Contact Gordon Kirkland

Contact Me
Email: gordon@gordonkirkland.com
Webpage: www.gordonkirkland.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gordon-Kirkland-Author-and-Entertainer/56688189161
Twitter: @kirklandatlarge

Monday, April 26, 2010

Next Up

Pacific Northwest Writers Association Summer Conference July 22 - 25, 2010





I will be on the faculty of PNWA's Summer Conference this year. In a way it's like coming home.





In 1996, I attended my first PNWA conference. I joined the Board of Directors later that year and rose to the position of President. I am an honorary lifetime member of the organization.

I will be teaching two workshops at the conference. Funny You Should Write That focuses on humor writing tips and tricks, including sources of inspiration, the two most important words to a humorist, and the art of making your readers laugh at themselves while laughing with and at you. Working To A Difficult Deadline will look at the organization tricks I used to meet the 72-hour deadline for crafting a complete novel during the 3-Day Novel Television Series. It will include a discussion of everything from powering through sleep deprivation to breaking down writer's blocks.

In addition, I will be participating in the Autograph Party. They are expecting 60 award-winning and New York Times Best Selling authors at this event, organized by Barnes and Noble.

During the conference, I will make myself available for one-on-one and small group meetings to discuss various aspects of life as a full-time writer.

I highly recommend this conference. It looks like there will be some great sessions, and lots of networking opportunities. Registration is $595.00, however there are a couple ways to save. Those who register by May 1, 2010 receive a $100.00 discount. An additional $100 can come off your conference fees if you join PNWA for $65.00, so all in all if you register this week, you could save $135, and receive the mambership benefits for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gordon Kirkland At Large

Writings and Wramblings from the Wandering and Wondering Mind of Gordon Kirkland